We work with families to help them manage their wealth more effectively. Many of our clients are currently going through transitions in their lives and are seeking change.
A lot are working in a high-paced, high-stress, corporate job environment. They are looking for a way to achieve financial independence and either retire early or re-fire into doing something else. They need help figuring out the financial component of it to know this will work and they will be okay.
Family and lifestyle design are of paramount importance to them, and they realize life is too short to not go after their dreams and live the life they really want to live! A few have figured this out but most have not and are searching for answers and seeking help.
Clients who are going through transitions may be dealing with one or more of the following:
- Career change
- Job change (same industry)
- Expecting a child or children
- Adopting a child or children
- Child graduation (high school or college)
- Schooling change (private/public/home)
- College planning for children
- Seeking work from home (WFH)
- Starting a business (startup)
- Selling a business (public or private)
- Purchasing a home (or second home)
- Selling a home
- Expanding a home
- Refinancing a home
- Significant investment gain or loss
- Significant potential tax increase or gain
- Expecting windfall inheritance
- Assistance to a family member
- Separation or Divorce
- Death of spouse
- Special needs child
- Life changing health diagnosis
- Job relocation
- Job promotion
- Executive compensation change
- Changes to estate/heirs
- Creating a family trust
- Creating an irrevocable trust
- Creating a foundation
- Gifting to a cause or charity
- Desire to relocate
- And many more
Although the typical client has a lot of good things going for them, they still have many challenges, goals, and objectives they want to accomplish. And they have some very specific preferences on who and how they want to work with someone and their money!
- Financial Organization - in need of a way to get and stay organized - knowing where all their important financial data and documents are located.
- Savings/Budget - in need of a plan that shows them where all their money is coming in and going out and a way for them to get and stay on track.
- Insurance Protection - in need of ways to protect their family in the event of death, disability or financial hardship.
- Estate Plan - in need of having their financial assets titled properly as well as an estate plan to ensure their assets pass on to the right people and places they care about.
- Wealth Creation - in need of ways to invest and grow their wealth over time. A desire to build a secure financial nest egg that can produce income that they can live off of.
- Financial Freedom - in need of guidance as to how they can achieve financial independence and do whatever they want.
- Real Human Being Advisor - they want to work with a real person and not a robot or some hybrid robo/human combination.
- The Same Human Being Advisor - they want to work with the same person every time and not be passed around to other people.
- No Commissions - they don't want to pay any commissions whatsoever!
- No Sales - they don't want to be sold anything!
- No Proprietary Products - they don't want to be invested in just one firm's offerings and not have complete access to every financial product available.
- No Cash Restriction - they don't want to be forced to have to keep all their cash holdings in one particular money market fund with their investments.
- Fiduciary/Fee Only - they want to work with an Advisor who is held to a fiduciary standard and whose compensation comes only through fees paid to them by the client.
- CFP - they want to work with someone who is certified by the CFP Board of Standards and maintains this designation through continuous lifelong learning.
- In Person - Meeting Option - although not required - they want to have the option to physically meet in person - at least initially and from time to time - to be able to look us in the eye and know who is helping them with their money and their life's most important dreams, goals, and possessions.